Weekly Round-Up #8

I can't believe I've already been living in New York for two months now. On one hand it feels like I've been here forever, but on the other, it feels like I arrived just yesterday!

This weekend was another lovely weekend spent with friends. It mostly consisted of eating though... And I'm afraid to say my food pictures just aren't as good as I'd like them to be, hence why there are  less pictures this week!

On Saturday we went into Soho and did a bit of shopping. We stopped off for a Peanut Butter Acai Bowl at Juice Generation for lunch, and then took a cheeky trip for afternoon tea at Ladurée afterwards. I can't say Ladurée is as beautiful here in New York as it is in Paris, but thats probably to be expected! We enjoyed our macaroons nonetheless!

On Saturday night, a few friends and I decided to go out for some drinks. We picked a place called Beauty Bar that many people had told us was fun. Unfortunately, their idea of fun was not the same as ours, and we left very quickly. 
Sunday turned out to be a chilly but beautiful day, so we took a walk to Bryant Park and soaked up some sun with a juice from Jamba Juice. Afterwards we walked over to Bed Bath & Beyond's Harmons Face Value (if you live in NY and don't want to be spending Duane Reade prices - this is a great place to go)!

To end the weekend, a friend of ours took us to an Indian restaurant - Saravanaa Bhavan. I'd never really had 'proper' Indian food before, so she showed us the ropes and told us what to get. I went for a Masala Dosa, which was delicious - and I even handled a little spice, very unlike me! I can't wait to go and try more Indian delicacies!

I love that being in New York has not only given me the opportunity to explore a new place, but to make new friends that are from a very different culture than I am.

What are your favourite places to visit in NYC? 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment