Birchbox Review #2

 Augusts Birchbox arrived late as it turned out something went wrong with the order. I of course was really disappointed but the Birchbox customer service team were amazing and quickly sent me a replacement. They also added on an extra month to say sorry. So a massive thumbs up for customer service so far! 

The theme of August's box was #BeautyJunkie and was covered in emojis. Who doesn't love those little icons?! In all honesty, I much preferred this box to the previous one. The presentation was a lot prettier and the products inside are pretty great! 

I am a huge fan of Rituals products and was super excited to find this luxury travel size Rice Scrub inside. I tend to stick to sugar based body scrubs and hadn't tried a rice scrub before. I found the consistency to be a little thicker than what I am used to but it does foam when it's put into contact with water. This left my skin looking and feeling lovely and soft. The Cherry Blossom makes it smell heavenly too!  
In photos this Lord & Berry blush looks a lot more brown than it is. This dark pink toned blush in the shade Lotus is nicely pigmented and leaves the cheeks looking a little flushed. The packaging it came in isn't great but then again, its perfect to pop in your makeup bag and not take up much room or weight!

Speaking of packaging - how adorable is this little bronzer/blush from the Balm in Balm Desert. This has a beautiful creamy consistency and works wonderfully for a blush or a touch of bronzer. 

The Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo is another generously sized mini. I've been looking for a good clarifying shampoo to use every so often to stop products building up in my hair. I've only tried this once so far and although it doesn't smell of much, overall it was a nice product. 

Like with the shampoo, BioNike's Defence Tolerance Cleansing Water doesn't have a particularly strong scent and did an OK job of removing makeup. Having said that, it didn't do a better job than any other cleansing products I've tried. 

As a beauty bonus, this metal-free hair bobble by L. Erickson was inside the box. Not only does this hold the hair in place perfectly, it's really easy to work with! Birchbox subscribers were also given a page of emoji inspired stickers which are too cute! I was cooing over these like the self-confessed stationary addict that I am! 

Now I have to wait to see what September has to offer! Have a great month!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment