Oh My Lemony Goodness

  I love a good baking session, when I was young, my sister and I would do baking and pretend to make cooking shows. They were completely silly, but oh lordy we laughed like loons! I'd share a story or two but I think they are all 'had to be there moments', or its possibly our crazy sense of humour which finds these things incredibly funny. So now, whenever I'm feeling down or just want to do something where I'm not mooching in front of my laptop, I love to get my bake on! 

Cake pops are quite possibly the cutest invention, and recently I got my hands on a cake pop mould, which you can also get here. I decided I would start off with a simple cake recipe (so that not much could go wrong) and although they didn't end up being the most perfect looking little treats in the world, they sure were tasty. I added lemon juice to this recipe, just to make them slightly more interesting, but of course, you don't have to! 

Ingredients

Cake
125g Caster Sugar
125g Softened Butter
125g Self Raising Flour
2 Medium Eggs
Finely Grated Rind of Unwaxed Lemon 
Juice of 1 Lemon 


Decorations
125g Icing Sugar 

Hundreds and Thousands  
Juice of ½ Lemon 

1. Heat oven to (fan oven) 160°
2. Beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat after each addition until fully incorporated.
4. Add the lemon juice and rind and mix to combine. Sift the flour into the bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth. 
5. Fill one side of the cake pop mould (side without the hole), each mould should be almost full. 
6. Place in oven for 20 minutes
7. Leave in mould until completely cool
8. Mix icing sugar together with lemon juice to form a paste which is thick enough to stick to the cake without dripping off. 
9. Dip lollipop stick into icing and push half way into the cake
10. Decorate!! 

If you have some mixture left over (I did) make them into little cupcakes and just place in the oven 5-10 minutes longer! 

Apologies for my badly decorated cakes! Practise makes perfect eh? ;) 
If you give these a try, I'd love to see them! What's your favourite recipe at the mo? 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment