Burberry Velvet Foundation Review

I recently went to one of the Bijenkorf's sales in Amsterdam where they were selling Burberry makeup pretty darn cheap - like 50% off cheap, and who can refuse that?! By the time I arrived, there wasn't all that much left, but I did manage to get my hands on the Burberry Velvet Foundation in the shade 206 for around €21. Barg! 

The shade is a little dark, but by blending it in thoroughly, I manage to make it work. And as Winter sets in and my skin gets ever paler, I will just mix it with a more dewy, lighter foundation as I find the Velvet Foundation to be quite matt. 

The foundation has really good coverage, and just one full pump does the whole face. And I haven't even mentioned the packaging yet. Which, despite being slightly bulky is elegant and chic, it ticks boxes for me anyway. 

Although I could have done with a shade lighter, I am really impressed with this foundation. Having said that, when I've been a bit heavy handed and applied a little too much, I've found it leaves my skin looking slightly unnatural- which is great if you like that kind of thing, but not so much if you are into more sheer, lightweight foundations. 

Overall, I really like this foundation. It blends well to leave a seamless application, and has really good coverage - great for a night out as it lasts well on my skin too! 

Have you tried any of Burberry's makeup collection? 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ok so now I really need to try this out!
    Thanks for a great review!
    Serene xoxo
    http://imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should!! Such a nice foundation! Lilly xx

      Delete