Pretty in Paris

I'm so sorry I've not posted anything for over a week, my laptop decided to have a mental break down so it's all been pretty stressful! But I'm back, laptop back from the doctors (Apple store) and ready to give you a little update on my recent trip to Paris...
As you may (or may not) know, Paris is up there in my most favourite cities. I just love the place, the beautiful old buildings, the Eiffel Tower (so touristic but oh so good), the Champs Élysées, and of course, without doubt, Parisian style... those Parisian's, they look so darn chic! 

My friend and I travelled in not so glamorous style by bus to Paris. We left at 11pm and arrived in Paris at 6:30am. It's not the best form of transport on a 7.5 hour trip, but it was extremely cheap, which meant we had more pennies to spend once we arrived, and on a hotel!
We stayed in Hotel Armoni, which was a small, quiet hotel 15 minutes walk from the Champs Élysées. The service was great, all staff members were so friendly and the room was small but clean, modern and beautifully decorated. As for the shower, it was possibly the best shower I've ever had! I honestly could have stayed in there forever! We were also supplied with L'Occitane mini's, heaven! I think this room was around €80 for two for one night, which was great value for money and in such a great location. We booked online at booking.com!  
The Sunday that we arrived in Paris was a beautiful day, the skies bright blue and it was lovely to wander around as the city began to wake up and the sun began to rise. Paris looked even more beautiful... if that's even possible. 
That evening, we took a little trip to the Sacre Coeur, which was as beautiful as ever, the view from the top step is just breath taking, having said that, so is climbing up all those steps! Probably the best workout I'd had in a while! We were both huffing and puffing by the time we reached the top (talk about unfit?!). 
The Monday turned out to be a slightly more grey day, but Paris still looked beautiful nonetheless. This is when we both went slightly crazy in the City Pharma. I'd read many reviews online and had been told to expect it to be busy, but boy oh boy was it busy! Women pushing to get to a product they so desperately wanted, it's safe to say I was pleased to finally get out (clutching a bag full of goodies)! I will post a haul on this soon! We also sat and had a sandwich from PAUL (it was yum) on the Jardin des Terrines, one of my favourite spots in Paris! It was a bit chilly, and the sea gulls tried to eat our lunch, but that didn't matter! 
We ended out trip by having a browse through the two department stores, Printemps and Galeries Lafayette. The above photo was taken from Printemps roof terrace, my friend and I couldn't quite believe the view from their 9th floor, and a bonus was that it was super quiet! 

I hope you all have a great week, and I will be back very soon with another post! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment