I'm always hearing about books that I would love to read, and pop them on my wish list on my Kindle to gradually work my way through, but then I hear of another book I like and read that and so my list never seems to go down, so I thought I'd make myself a reading list for 2015 and stick to it... It will also keep me motivated to keep reading, it's so satisfying being able to tick something off... Many of you who read a lot will think 9 books is a pretty small list to read, but I'm expecting a pretty busy year and I'm a rather slow reader, so I think 9 is an achievable goal... and I can always add more at a later date!
2. The Miniaturist - when Nella Oortman comes to Amsterdam from the country to begin her new role as a wife, she is at first mystified by the closed world of the Brandt household. But as she uncovers it's secrets, she realises the dangers that await them all.
3. Pretty Honest -Sali Hughes draws on over 20 years of wisdom, advice and expertise to show real women how to make the most of makeup’s physically and emotionally transformative powers.
4. Paper Towns - when the girl Quentin loves goes missing, he learns that there are clues in her disappearance and they are for him. As he gets deeper into the mystery, he becomes less sure of who and what he is looking for.
5. When Mr. Dog Bites - when Dylan overhears a conversation between his doctor and mother, he discovers he is going to die, so he grants himself three parting wishes. But as he sets out to make his wishes come true - he discovers that nothing is quite as he had thought.
6. The Silkworm - the second in the Cormoron Strike series, a wife recruits Detective Cormoron Strike when her husband goes missing. When he is found dead, Strike tries to understand the motivation of the killer, who is unlike any he has encountered before.
7. Eleanor & Park - set over the course of one school year in 1986, when two students fall in love for the first time.
8. And the Mountains Echoed - a brother, who is desperate not to be separated from the one person who he will do anything for, his sister, after their father leaves their town in search for work.