Weekly Round-Up #16

This past weekend, my sister has been in the city paying me a visit, hence my very late post! I'm getting quite terrible at posting regularly (3 times per week), so I apologise and hope to get more blogging done soon! New York has truly taken over my life! 

My sister and I had one main thing on the agenda... Shopping! Since being here, I've not really gone a tad wild in the shops, so what better time than when your sister is in town?! With it being a holiday this past weekend, NYC was pretty darn busy! We walked the Brooklyn Bridge on Sunday, weaving and winding through all the crowds. We may have also checked out what was on offer in Sephora! We met a couple of my friends at Mayfield for dinner, and stayed in Brooklyn afterwards for a few drinks. Three of us had the Fish & Chips - which was delicious (even if it wasn't from a real english chippy). Anyway, anythings gotta be better than the fish and crisps I was served when I first moved here! My other friend had the Steak Tartare, which she said was lovely! 

For Memorial Weekend, a designer outlet Woodbury Common was doing some amazing deals, so we decided to get a bus there for the day and see what bargains we could find! If you are ever in New York and have enough time to go there, go! So many amazing brands and such great bargains. I'm still regretting so many of the purchases I didn't make! I'm sure the pieces I bought will make an appearance on the blog sooner or later! 

On Tuesday we picnicked in Central Park. We got our food from the little deli in Urban Outfitters. The food tasted as delicious as it looked! Perfect picnic munchies! After, we took the ferry to Staten Island to see Statue of Liberty. A great way to see Lady Lib for free! We ended the day with a walk to Times Square. 
Wednesday was our last day together so we went to see the new fashion exhibition on at The Met, Through the Looking Glass. Not only did my inner love for Gossip Girl come out, the exhibition was beautiful. So many amazing traditional Chinese costumes, as well as beautiful couture pieces by some of my most favourite designers. The exhibition shows the impact of Chinese aesthetics on Western fashion. I highly recommend this! 

Ooh and I also went to a Summer Stage concert in Central Park last week! It's headline act was the Tedeschi Trucks Band. This isn't my usual kind of music but my friend is a huge fan of the band so I said I'd join. Apart from the very (too) long drum solo's - it was a lot of fun! I'll be keeping my eyes out for anymore of the Summer Stage concerts - especially if they are held in CP! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment