Weekly Round-Up #9

 Last week Coney Island opened it's doors to the public for the season, so my friend and I decided to go and check it out. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it there. Despite the wind, it was a beautiful day. Bright blue skies and not too busy. For those wanting to go on all the rides, you'll probably want to wait a couple of weeks for all of them to open. I'm not a huge ride person, so I quite appreciated that it wasn't too crowded. I was also surprised by how clean the beach looked. Judging by the dirtiness of New York, I wasn't expecting great things! 

We stopped for lunch at a place called Applebee's, which was a lot like TGI Fridays. It was fine, but nothing special at all. We did share a Churro & S'mores dessert though which was yummy!
On Easter Sunday we decided to take a trip to the Easter Parade. Unfortunately, we were too late for the parade but did get to see lots of people dressed up and this huge Easter bunny! Americans do Easter so much better than us Brits! After, we took a walk around Manhattan and ended up at an Italian restaurant in Hell's Kitchen for dinner, which was a lovely way to end the weekend. 

This Wednesday my boyfriend is coming to visit me, so next weekend will hopefully be a lovely one spent with him! Weather forecasts aren't set to be great, so I've got my fingers crossed that that will change! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment