My Capsule Collection

I can't deny my love (and need) to shop. Whats that called again? Oh yeah, a shopaholic! Slight first world problems may be goin' on over here! 

But shopping for me would be a nightmare without my core collection, my basics, which most of my ensembles stem from. Do you ever go on a shopping splurge and just buy things you like without contemplating what you have to wear with that little number? I have done that one far too many times and the piece has then ended up having a life at the bottom of my wardrobe. It's annoying and rather sad for my bank balance! 

So with my ten or so key pieces, I can change up a look without breaking the bank, and stops me buying things I don't have anything to wear it with! 


First off is this grey jersey dress with a polo neck. Not only is this perfect for all seasons (in England), it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and is so comfortable and easy to wear. Not to mention it was an absolute steal from Boohoo.com


Here's me trying to balance on a branch, can't say I was too successful! To smarten the dress up a bit, I tucked it into this black pencil skirt from Allsaints. Many people think this is a leather number, but it's actually quite a lot like denim! So cheaper and easier to wash (bonus)! A black pencil skirt is so easy and versatile, it's a must in anybody's capsule collection. I finished this outfit off with a pair of brogue style loafers from Office. Similar here.


To change the ensemble up a bit, I swapped the flats for a small, pointed heel. Black is also a great choice for your capsule collection, but as it's coming into Summer, I thought a nude pair was ideal! Especially because they also go with everything! These guys are quite old and are from Guess, but you can find similar ones here!


For a different kinda look, I teamed the skirt with a striped tee from French Connection, similar here. I think this looks so chic and effortless. It's also one of those which can go from day to night.


Just thought I'd add a little pic of my dog Poppy, chewing on a stick amongst the bluebells. Cutie! 


For a super casual, easy to wear outfit, this is my go-to. I live in jeans, usually skinny jeans (the skinnier the better) but these Levi's are so comfy and look lovely with a pair of heels or flats! Here I've teamed them with a white Topshop slouchy tee, similar here, French Connection leather jacket and my Office loafers! 


Last but no means least is this gorgeous mint jumper from Topshop. I definitely need to go back and get more of these in other colours! It's so comfortable and looks so clean and casual. 

Sunglasses: Burberry

What's your opinions on having a capsule collection? 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment