Summer Bloggin': The Holiday Make-Up Edition

When I go away, I'm not such a fan of caking my face in makeup... Just because my skin has got a natural tan, so I don't really want to hide it! This is why I've opted for the Vitamin E Cool BB Cream by The Body Shop. Not only is this lovely a cooling on the skin, it is lightweight and therefore perfect for this time of year. The BB cream does tend to create quite a shine, which is why I have packed my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent, to keep the shine at bay! To highlight and conceal, I have packed my well-loved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. At first I wasn't too keen on this guy, but as time has gone on, I just like it more and more! So this is a must have for my holiday makeup!  

Like I said, I do like to keep my makeup to a minimum... but then again, a smokey eye of an evening never hurt anybody, hey ladies?! Which is why I have got my trusty Naked palette by Urban Decay, which is lovely for creating a smokey eye, or something more understated! I then have my George khol eye liner... Don't judge on the brand before you've tried it, George eyeliners r o c k! I have recently been trying out the Maybelline Colossal Extreme Volum' Waterproof Mascara (sheesh, what a name!), which I am loving! And you can't go on holiday without a waterproof mascara! 

For the cheeks, I have packed my Esteée Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer and Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic blush in First Love, which is lovely for a bit of shimmer and a pop of colour. 

To prevent the sun drying out my lips, I have packed my favourite lip balm by Nuxe, Rêve de Miel. This lasts hours, feels lovely on the lips and dries matt, which means it's perfect for going underneath lipsticks. Speaking of which, I have packed my favourite lipstick of the moment, Charlotte Tilbury's Nude Kate, which looks so natural... Perfect for a simple holiday makeup look!   
post signature

4 comments:

  1. That Nuxe lip balm is my favorite! I just recently discovered it and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! It's a definite essential ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and really like it! We began our blogs more or less at the same time! Following you a bit everywhere from now! I also love to keep my makeup light on vacation but as you said a smokey never hurts anyone :) Xx Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alexandra! So good to hear from a fellow blogger!! I will be sure to check out your blog too! Thanks for stopping by girl, and also showing your support!! xxx

      Delete