Book Review: Paper Towns

After reading The Fault In Our Stars last Summer, I knew I had to get reading more of John Green's novels. Not only are they brilliantly written, they are really easy reads! I was most intrigued by Paper Towns, so I decided to give it a try. When I purchased the book, I wasn't aware that the film is being released later this year, featuring Cara Delevingne. I always like to read the book before I see the film, the book is always better, and seeing the film will give away the plot, so I'm pretty glad I went for Paper Towns when I did. 

Paper Towns is about a boy named Quentin, who has spent his life loving Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. Then one night, she appears at his bedroom window encouraging him to join her on a night dedicated to getting revenge. The following day Q discovers that Margo is nowhere to be found, and that she has left behind a trail of clues just for him. As he gets closer to solving his mystery, he discovers that the girl he thought he knew, isn't the girl she is at all. 

I really enjoyed reading Paper Towns throughout, until I reached the end, when I must say, I was pretty disappointed. I felt like it was a bit of an anti-climax. Having said that, Green does a great job of keeping it intriguing whilst remaining fun, right until the end. 

A friend tells me Looking for Alaska is better, so I may have to add that one to my list! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment