Weekly Round-Up #18

I spent this past weekend with a very old friend in Philadelphia. We met about ten years ago when she came on exchange and was in my sisters class and ended up living with us for about a month of her exchange. Although we have met up in the city, I was so excited to see where she was from and get to spend a couple of days with her and her dog (I was in serious need of some puppy lovin'). 

On Saturday we got lunch and then headed out to do some shopping. I may have bought the Lorac Pro Palette, which I am overly excited about! I'm sure it'll be on the blog at some point or another! We then went on to Spruce Street Harbour Park, which was nice but wasn't anything special. It did have hammocks though, which I thought was pretty cool! After walking a hell of a lot more, we went to dinner at a Sushi place called Fat Salmon. The food was delicious - best sushi I've had in a while! 
On Sunday we got bagels at a place called Spread. Service wasn't great but the bagels were pretty delicious! It was such a beautiful day so we sat in the most beautiful beer garden I've ever seen. It was kind of like walking into an Anthropology garden. We then walked over to the Philadelphia Magic Gardens, which were truly inspirational - considering it took the creator 14 years to build. The garden is covered in mosaics, mostly using tiles but also bottles and bike tyres etc. If you are ever in Philly, you should definitely check it out! 
We then went and got obligatory Philly Cheesesteaks. These things may look gross but they sure do taste amazing! So bad yet so good!! 

Another week down and only four to go! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment