Book Review: When Mr Dog Bites

 It's been a while since I posted a book review... I just haven't had the time to sit down and read. Hence why it has taken me a couple of months to read a relatively short book.

When Mr Dog Bites, written by Brian Conaghan is about a young boy, Dylan Mint who has Tourette's. During a hospital appointment, Dylan overhears that he is going to die in a few months time, so he sets out to make a list of things to do before he 'cacks it'. Tourette's syndrome hasn't made Dylan's life easy, and he has left him with very few friends. In attempt to check off his list, Dylan discovers many things about himself, others and those he thought he knew. 

Although I did find it a bit difficult to get into at the beginning, as the book went on, I found myself getting more and more into the book and was desperate to know what would become of the different characters. 

When Mr Dog Bites isn't something I'd usually pick up, and I'd probably say it's mostly for a slightly younger audience than I. Having said that, there were times when I'd laugh out loud, I'd feel sad and angry. Dylans way of speaking is very entertaining, the way he says things gives him so much character, you can't help but like him. A recommended easy read! 

Have you any recommendations to add to my list? What kinds of books have you been into lately? 
Head over to my Bloglovin' and Twitter!  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment