Book Review: All The Bright Places

At the beginning of the year, I created a list of books I'd like to read. I've currently ticked off a couple, but I can't deny, it takes me a long time to get through just one. To make matters (kind of) worse, I've made friends with a serious book geek, and she lent me two of her favourite books to read, which of course delays my list a little! 

Anyhow, the first is All The Bright Places, a book I was a little apprehensive about reading after hearing a short synopsis. All The Bright Places is about two seemingly very different people, who meet on the ledge of a bell tower. Violet was the popular girl at their school, but was changed entirely when her sister died in a car crash, and Finch, the 'freak' and the outcast. After the two get put together on a school project to explore the 'natural wonders' of their state, they go wandering through Indiana, and the unlikely pair become a pretty good team. But the more they wander, the more Violet sees how much she has to live for, and Finch only continues to realise how difficult life is. I completely underestimated how much I'd like this novel! 

Possibly one of my favourite books I've read so far this year. I highly recommend it! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment