Weekly Round-Up #20


I cannot believe I now have only two weekends left in New York City! Time has flown by and I've been trying to make the most of every minute! 

On Friday evening, my friend and I went to a Yankee game at the Yankee stadium in the Bronx. I haven't the slightest clue about baseball but it was so much fun nonetheless! We even saw one player make history (at the time, we had no idea what was going on)! Anyhow, if you ever get chance to go and see a game - you definitely should! 
On Saturday we went to Coney Island to see the Mermaid Parade. I was told this was really amazing and a lot of fun. Truth be told, my friends and I left very quickly because it was just so bad. The costumes were rubbish, the organisation was bad and I assumed there'd be lots of floats but instead it was just the odd straggler walking along.

To cheer ourselves up we went to Le Bain at The Standard on the high line for drinks on Saturday night.  The view was amazing from the rooftop and the cocktails were the best I've had since being in NYC! They also had a little pancake shop, I didn't get one but my friend did - I had a bite and it was delicious!! On the lower floor, the bar has a jacuzzi - quite cool, but seriously, who would go in that?! 
Sunday we rented bikes and cycled around Central Park. This is definitely one of my favourite things I've done since being here. It was such a laugh! But a pre-warning (which I didn't get), CP is one hilly place - my awful fitness levels were very obvious! 

Next weekend I have lots more fun things planned - so roll on the weekend! 

Have a great week!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment