Product Empties

I thought I'd share with you some of the products I used up whilst being in NYC, most of which are skincare related! 

I'll start off with the most obvious - Una Brennan's Rose Hydrate Day Cream. One of the best facial moisturisers I've ever used - I have gotten through so many tubes of this stuff! I've banged on about this so much, so I won't bore you - but this cream leaves a beautiful glow to the skin. 

Staying on the moisturiser front - FAB's Ultra Repair Cream. This took me the whole 6 months I was in New York to use up, simply because I wasn't such a fan. I just didn't feel like it did that much for my dry skin. I used it occasionally in the evenings and used it on my body (which I preferred) hence why it did get used up - but I definitely won't be repurchasing it!

As you'll probably know by now, I'm a big fan of cleansing oils and I'd run out of my favourite one from The Body Shop. I hadn't got too long left in New York so I thought I'd try out a travel size. It would mean I wouldn't be wasting a lot of product and also getting to try something new. I picked up one from Boscia which smelt lovely. I especially liked using it at night as it's light fragrance felt very calming. I did like this, but it was slightly thicker in consistency than ones I'd used before and it sometimes felt like it was dragging on the skin if I didn't use enough. 

I was washing and blow drying my hair everyday whilst living in the big apple - which meant my hair was getting dry very quickly. I picked up this travel size Bumble & Bumble Repair Blow Dry Serum which I absolutely loved. My hair was much easier to manage and felt amazing once I'd used it! I'm also pretty rubbish at getting my hair cut regularly, so I think this helped with split ends too! 

I picked up this gorgeous hand soap from & Other Stories in the scent Belleville Bakery - I love & Other Stories beauty section so I had a good sniff of all their hand soaps and this was one of my favourites. When I'm next near a store I will definitely pick up a bottle for my bathroom at home! 

I had long days and early mornings in New York, so a heavy coverage concealer was a necessity for my under-eye bags! This Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer did a perfect job of covering up unwanted circles - so I'll most probably give this a repurchase! I say probably simply because there are so many I want to try out! 

I think I told you all that I absolutely fried myself and ended up with a pretty bad dose of sun stroke. Other than drinking plenty of water and taking regular cool showers (when my body would carry me there), I truly believe this bottle of Aloe Vera Gel saved me! I lathered myself in it regularly throughout the day and my skin seemed to recover quite quickly. I still peeled for a good two weeks but the burns went down considerably so I wasn't walking around full on tomato for too long!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment