Weekly Round-Up #22

 My very last week in the big apple! I had the whole week to myself as I finished my internship the week previously! I spent my last few days doing a few things I hadn't gotten chance to in the past six months! It's crazy - six months sounds like a long time, but it just flies by! It feels like yesterday I was crying buckets whilst packing my case getting ready for my biggest adventure yet!

I spent my days in the sunshine on the Hudson River, eating bagels, shopping, playing board games in Bryant Park and saying my final goodbyes! We also went to see the brilliant Chicago on Broadway! We got our tickets from the tkts booth on Times Square. We got great seats for 50% off the original price so I highly recommend you check this out if you are ever in the city and are wanting to see a show! The music and all the actors were absolutely fabulous - and Chicago's a classic, so there wasn't much not to like!
We of course had to celebrate the 4th July like true Americans, so my friends and I went to Brooklyn Bridge to watch Macy's annual fireworks. The fireworks lasted about 25 minutes and they were truly spectacular! My photo's do not do them justice in the slightest!
For my final night, we went for a couple of drinks at a bar close by. Despite me having to be up at 3am the following morning, I was feeling very restless so my friend and I decided to explore NYC together for one last time! We found ourselves in Times Square and feeling (slightly drunk) and high on emotions took a thousand pictures with just about everything we saw! 
I am so sad that I had to say goodbye to New York after I had such an amazing six months, but I am glad to be home finally - and I can now give my blog some love and attention! Expect to see more of me on here from now on!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment