Book Review: The Silkworm

Life is pretty darn busy right now, hence the lack of communication on all social media pages and posts! Apologies for that, although some fun stuff is on its way to you very soon!
I actually finished The Silkworm at the beginning of October, so this post has been a long time coming! The Silkworm is the second in the series of the crime fiction novels by J.K Rowling. I read the first last year, The Cuckoo's Calling (review here), which I do think I preferred. It had me hooked from the very beginning, which this didn't so much as I think I found it a little bit predictable with how the storyline went in its predecessor. 
The Silkworm is about a private detective whom is asked to investigate the case of a woman's missing husband, Quine. Soon enough, the story unravels to reveal Quine's latest novel, naming and shaming almost everyone he knows, leaving many possibilities to who may have murdered him when Strike discovers his dead body. This murder investigation turns out to be more brutal and ruthless than Strike had ever expected. 
Very intriguing and although it is a little gory, it isn't too much for the overly squeamish (like me)! 
Have you read any of J.K Rowling's most recent novels? What did you think of them?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment