Rainy Day Baking: Banana and Cherry Loaf

So after a glorious week of sunshine, today was gloomy and dull... and with two overly ripe bananas in the fruit bowl, my task was set... Banana bread making! This is a golden oldy, that tastes great, isn't too unhealthy, uses up the bananas that are, well... inedible, and tastes fabby with a cuppa tea. Oh, and it also uses hardly any ingredients! Winner! And because I had a few glacĂ© cherries lurking in the fridge, I thought I'd add them in for good measure! 

This has gone down a real treat with my family! The loaf is actually nearly all gone, and might I add, Poppy (my dog), who is the pickiest eater, loved this cake! Probably the best compliment... I know, from a dog... call me crazy but I'm chuffed about that! 

Ingredients:
2 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 egg
130g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
55g butter (softened) and extra for greasing
100g caster sugar
Glacé cherries (if you fancy)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan
2. Grease a loaf tin (22cm x 12cm) with butter
3. Mix all ingredients with a fork (if banana isn't reeeally mushy, you may want to add a drop of milk to achieve a loose dropping consistency). 
4. Pour into cake tin and bake for 35-40 mins or until skewer comes out clean when poked into centre. 

It's as easy as that ;)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment